Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


MillionaireMatch.com- the best dating site for sexy, successful singles!

Who links to me?

Blogroll.net

Entertainment Blog Top Sites

Subscribe with Bloglines

www.sitestop200.com

yet another web directory

Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Best american blogs - Blog for USA!

Blog-Watch - The Blog Directory

Blogwise - blog directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Blogroll Me!


All-Blogs.net directory logo

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Disclaimer: The contents that you read on this site are pure rumors and speculation. Nothing on this site should be perceived to be actual news. All images used on this site are taken from the web.

Saturday, April 01, 2006
Howard Stern Lashes Out at Some Fans

NEW YORK -- Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven't made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio.

In January, Stern moved his popular and bawdy morning show to the subscription satellite radio provider.

"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, `I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million,'" Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.

"It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally," he says.

"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

newsday


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone actually bought his story about moving to satellite for the "freedom" when he first started spouting it... I'd think twice now...

Howard Stern has been in full hypocrite mode for the past month and it seems as though he's finally destroyed the last shred of credibility he might have had left. These are some of his quotes in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly,

"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, `I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million"

"It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally,"
"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

So, in the name of "freedom" you take you show off free radio and take over $600 million dollars to go to satellite? To be "free", you need to be paid $600+ million dollars and your fans need to spend a hundred or a few hundred bucks on a radio as well as a monthly subscription? Then you take your show off E!, so you can be more free... also so your fans can pay even more subscription fees to watch your show in pay per view?

Where do you get off, being a man who just got paid $600 million, calling your fans cheap for paying to hear you? Maybe if you'd done some interesting radio in the past 10 years, people may have actually followed you. By your own admission, your show was "subpar". Awww... The few hundred million you were making a year then wasn't enough for you to put out some effort? Oh yeah, you weren't "free" enough... because you care about freedom. You care about the government telling someone they can't say something, you care about an employer telling you not to say something.. or do you?

If you really cared about any of that, you wouldn't have(by your own admission) forced your bosses at CBS to forbid Opie & Anthony to talk about you. What was your quote again? "I'm a strong supporter of MY free speech." You don't care about free speech. You care about money, which that's fine with me. Make as much money as you'd like. However, don't go spouting off all this hypocritical garbage about free speech. You aren't doing something noble. You are no crusader. That much is obvious.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!! Who can afford Howard!!

Post a Comment

<< Home